Cwm Du Glen
James St, Pontardawe, SA8 4LR
This lovely wooded valley leading from The Cross at the centre of Pontardawe has a beautiful walk along the Clydach stream through the Glanrhyd Plantation.
The Plantation was once in the grounds of Glanrhyd House which is now in ruins. The fine house was built by local industrialist Arthur Gilbertson in 1878. It was used as a hospital during the First World War and was demolished in 1968.
Now Cwm Du Glen is used by the people of Pontardawe as a tranquil and beautiful place to walk.