Margam Abbey and Stones Museum
Abbey Road, Port Talbot, SA13 2TA
Founded in 1147, Margam Abbey is the only Cistercian monastery in Wales whose nave is still intact and used as a parish church. It’s also surrounded by plenty of relics of its past glories, notably the 12-sided chapter house. Just across the graveyard, the Stones Museum has a magnificent collection of carved stones and crosses, some dating from the 6th century, alongside a splendidly rude gargoyle.